Saturday, October 28, 2006

When did ruffly ass shorts and underboob become acceptable Halloween costumes? I'm currently out of town in Santa Barbara this weekend to visit the lovely Pumpkin, my boyfriend. Girls don't seem to want to be original with their costumes anymore (or were they ever?). I guess it's difficult to, since popular Leg Avenue skankilicious costume brand has made practically every costume that has slutty potential. Bees, cops, Alice in Wonderland, etc. I even admit that the last two years I had two costumes by Leg Avenue, but they were never slutty on me. I didn't care as much this year so I didn't make an effort to be creative. I was a cat. I like cats. Especially fluffy ones. I already had a black dress and all I needed were ears and a tail. Not creative, but I felt this would do, even though I was a cat in high school. I'm bitchy like cats, so this was very fitting to my personality. Everybody and their grandmas were cops and bumblebees this year (and probably every year). So maybe it's difficult to be creative, but a cop? Cmon now. At least make the cop uniform on your own! or something. CREATIVITY and uniqueness is great, people.

Tonight I am not dressing up again. My 4 inch shoes begin to hurt after walking up and down the streets like a kitten hooker, and it's too damn cold at night to wear slinky black dresses. Plus, I kept wiping my face throughout the night, smearing my MAC-ed on whiskers. I was a messed up kitty.

Instead of dressing up, I am going to wear my regular clothes. My clothes, when put together, have enough fabulosity to be worn on Halloween without feeling like a loser who didn't dress up. At least I will know no one will have it or be wearing it, and that I will be semi-warm. Once I get my digital camera back, I will post more photos.

Happy Halloween.

No comments: