Monday, September 19, 2011

An Exhilarating End


The end is near! To be clear, my internship-turned-freelance position is officially over, and my time in New York ends on September 30th. I'm in LA right now, but am headed back to the east tomorrow.

Fashion week/month was exhausting, but a experience that will probably never be replicated in my life again. The days leading up to and during NYFW were characterized by endless hours, stress, and a few pounds lost (back by now, I'm sure). My favorite part? Seeing the shows. I'd seen shows before, but I never thought I'd see one with guests such as Valentino, Oscar De La Renta, Anna Wintour, and every other big name editor I've only ever seen online and in magazines. The Victoria Beckham show turned out well, but was actually not the best morning for me. I was stressed out by last minute seating changes and felt that the check in process was a mess. It was the morning of the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and check-in was punctuated by moments of silence. Many incoming guests did not know this, however, and continued to talk to us over these silences. But in the end, it was all worth it. Something I realized from my six month stint though? PR is not for me. I just don't find it interesting enough. I love clothing, but not necessarily getting press for the clothing and designers.

What does my future hold? At least career-wise? I'm not sure. It scares me when I think about it, but right now I'm focused on enjoying my last two weeks in NYC. I really need to take more pictures. And incorporate more colors into my wardrobe.

No comments: