Friday, February 16, 2007

Patrick Robinson for Target

It wasn't until this past year that I became Target-crazy, but who can blame me? All the designers (my first exposure was the colorblock Tara Jarmon dress) at such cheap prices!

I just came across the Patrick Robinson line for Target. And maybe it's because he followed Proenza, who you know I love (got the purple bustier!), but nothing in his collection does much for me. Here's a dress that may be okay. Kind of reminds me of Missoni. I can't really tell because the picture is so small and that scarf covers the straps:

But this next dress, how can I like it? The model looks like she has nappy hair in need of a root touchup and looks like she hates it herself:

This one reminds me of one of the better (and few) things that came from Michael Knight's line:


It all looks very earthy and beachy. Just in time for summer (when Proenza ends). Too bad I don't care much for it. Behnaz Sarafpour kind of reminded me of Laura's stuff from last season's Project Runway, but I did like the New York charm necklace and the strapless white party dress. It was just a little too limited to the holidays. Whatever. I got the Proenza bustier!

No comments: