Monday, July 16, 2007

Anya Hindmarc


Really? $100-300 for this? I mean, it has a good idea behind it. Save the earth by not using plastic blags, blah blah. But are women bidding on it because it's so earth friendly? I don't think so. This bag was like $15 retail. Does anyone waiting in line for this bag really love the earth that much? Couldn't a real earth lover just get any old tote bag at like the swap meet for $5 instead of waiting in the lines that were going up Robertson Blvd's ass a few Wednesdays ago? What's the hype? Is it just because it's been all over the Internet and in magazines that's making it so popular? There's one on eBay that sold for $355. REALLY. Am I missing out on something here? I saw one in person last week. There was this woman waiting for the elevator with me in my building and was carrying one in addition to her (Marc Jacobs) purse. It looked the same as it does in the pictures. Nothing special. I just don't get it. Kinda like open-toe boots.

No comments: