Monday, January 05, 2009

Some people are always amazed by the deals I find on things. I tell them it's really not difficult if you put the time and effort into looking for what you want. I think anyone as crazy and obsessive about clothes/shoes/purses/etc. as I am has the same luck, if not better. First thing to do? Join sample sale websites.

I'd been looking for the perfect sleek expensive-looking flat boot for the past year and a half when I came across these boots by Charles Nolan on ideeli.com:


The patent croc makes these "Mallory" boots perfect. Plus, I just got a great deal on the Deere Colhoun Large Sienna bag with patent trim. Matchy, matchy. I love great deals. If you don't have a membership to HauteLook, Gilt, RueLaLa, Ideeli, or any others I may be missing, get one! The deals are fabulous, and even though high demand items may sell out quickly, you can do everything from the comfort of your bedroom, instead of driving to some warehouse downtown to wait in line for 45 minutes.

I also got these Jill Stuart boots from Gilt not too long ago:

I'm not really sure what to say about them except that I LOVE THEM. I haven't even worn them once yet, but I LOVE THEM. Partially why I love them so much is the deal I got on them. I paid way less than half retail and I had credit on my Gilt account, which made them even cheaper. These suckers come straight off the Jill Stuart runway and look great with everything.

The Deere Colhoun bag I got is actually not from one of the sample sale websites, but from RevolveClothing. It was already on super sale, and I had a code that made it even cheaper than it already was. I love big designers like anyone, but I also like to support smaller designers. A lot of great things come from smaller designers, and it makes me feel better that it's unlikely I'll run into people in the street with the same bag (or whatever) as me.


So if you love something, ANYTHING, look for it. Search for it, do your homework, and you're bound to find it. Ebay is another good source for things that are sold out or rare items.

It should be noted that I rarely -- if ever -- use the word "love". Except with this. Maybe I need help? Nah.

P.S. I haven't written in forever, and I realize my writing sounds awkward.

No comments: