Thursday, September 02, 2010

Lanvin for H&M



It's all over the place. Lanvin for H&M. November 23. I can already see the lines outside the stores, the ridiculously marked up prices on eBay. It will be crazier than Jimmy Choo last year, than Karl Lagerfeld or Stella McCartney. While I of course love designer collaborations with mass market stores, I want to see them maintain the luxury aesthetic that made them such a great brand in the first place. I know it's H&M, but please no polyester or acrylic type materials. I'd pay a little more than usual H&M prices for something Alber Elbaz designed in more luxe fabrics.

"H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less. I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public." - Alber Elbaz

Hopefully this means that it will be everything than entails luxury but at affordable prices. I know it can't all be super luxurious, but I'd hope for a balance between the two that shows off the classic beautiful Lanvin design but doesn't cheapen the reputation of the brand.

Excited for November 2 when the looks are released!

No comments: