Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Frederic Fekkai

I am super duper lazy when it comes to my hair (several other things too, but we won't get into that). I have fat heavy hair and it isn't all the way straight and it isn't all the way wavy. It's some kinky crap in between, and it cannot be air-dried. I often throw the mess up on the top of my head immediately coming out of the shower because otherwise I would have to blowdry it, which takes five years, and I am far too lazy to sit on my ass for five years in front of the mirror blowdrying my 8 lb. hair. On special occasions I'll let it air dry to it's ugliness, then curl it. Most of the time it's thrown on the top of my head and held with one of those giant claw clip things (rubberbands hurt and leave indents in my hair).

Today I got the Frederic Fekkai Wave Spray since my hair has some weird kinky wave to it, but mostly because I am too lazy to do my hair once out of the shower. This spray tells me to wait until my hair is nearly dry then spray it all over and scrunch or twist sections. I've tried the John Frieda Beach Blonde Ocean Waves crap, but that only made my hair smell like coconut (which is nice). Since my hair is so beastly, I don't have much faith in these wave creating sprays. But Frederic Fekkai is supposed to be the mac daddy (did I just say that?) of hair products, so I gave this a go. I haven't used it yet but am excited to. In high school, a lot of girls I knew who had naturally straight boring hair would come to class one day with wavy hair. I'd ask them how they did it. They would respond by telling me they braided their hair while it was wet and took it out in the morning and put some sort of hair product in it. So I tried it, and the braid-wave stayed for about 45 minutes and my hair would go back to being not completely straight/not wavy enough. Those lucky bitches with thin blonde hair. So manageable.

I know with the Fekkai stuff I'm going to have to spray tons in, twist like five sections up into tight buns on the top of my head and wait for them to dry some more, and take them out and diffuse and scrunch the hell out of them, and see if it'll work. It has beeswax in it (which sounds like it would dry out my hair, but whatever I need a lazy chick fix to doing hair) so it better work. Anyone else try it? Or know of a good way without using heat tools to get wavy hair that LASTS? Not curly, but like beachy wavy, except with a little more defined wave?

No comments: