Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cuz you're a New York City Boy...

Alexander McQueen

Back from NY, and what was intended to be a quick "nap" that ended in 8 hours of sleep and missing Top Model and Shear Genius. Must've been from the trip. Anyhoots, some of my favorite stores in NY are the obvious ones and less obvious. Here the top three (in no order):

1. JEFFREY - I love this store. The people are super nice and have you seen all of their shoes? Dsquared, Louboutins, Manolo, YSL, those Miu Miu Maryjanes a la Lindsay Lohan ad campaign, and more! The men (only seemed to be men working...) were really friendly and even "helped" pick out this silver minidress for me as a joke, since it required gigantic boobs which I lack. This was after I said a silver Balenciaga jacket would be too big for me (and of course, way too expensive).

2. OUT OF OUR CLOSET - Not quite sure if this is the exact name since I didn't look at the name of the store when entering or while in. It's a consignment store that sells tons of Birkins and other designer labels like Prada and every other big name for much, much cheaper. TONS of women's shoes for over 50% off retail. Sure they're used, but in great condition! Found a pair of turqouise Marc Jacobs shoes I liked, but unfortunately they were a size 5. I am not. Also found a tiny fuschia Balenciaga Le Dix bag that tickled my fancies. I wanted to come back, but no time!

3. MANOLO BLAHNIK - Since there are only two stores, how can you not go? And forget the selection of Manolos at Saks and Neiman Marcus and everywhere else you go, the store of course has the most! And THE best. Looking for those Sedarbys Carrie got stolen from her in "A Woman's Right to Shoes"? They're there! In silver, red, black, camo, and though I didn't see them, a white bridal satin. Tons of pretty shoes not sold in department stores. Tiny little brick store near the MoMa.



Look familiar?

No comments: