Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Too Much Skinny


Rock and Republic 5-Pocket Skinny Jean, Omega Wash

I am sick of skinny jeans. Not completely sick of them, but sick of having only the choice of skinny jeans when shopping. I find I can only wear my skinny jeans with heels or boots, otherwise I feel stumpy and wide-hipped, and that's no fun. It's just everywhere I go, skinny skinny skinny. Shouldn't everyone who wants skinny jeans already have them? I haven't seen many wide-legged jeans in stores, except for a few of JBrands. I haven't tried them on yet. I'm afraid they'll be too overwhelming on my 12-year-old figure. BUT, Paige, one of my favorite jean designers, has some petite styles out. I tried on a pair of Laurel Canyons but I think I like them a bit longer, so I can cuff them up. By the way, if you have not tried on Paige jeans, you must. The rise isn't too high or low (on the Laurel Canyon), and the fit is perfect. They barely stretch out, and the cloth lining around the waistband makes them super comfortable. You cannot judge a pair of Paiges by photos online. The pockets aren't that fancy (although I do like the Las Palmas design), but the fit and comfort is enough to make up for lack of fancy details. A good bootcut beats a skinny jean any day.



Paige Laurel Canyon Bootcut, Retro Blue Wash

No comments: