Thursday, July 08, 2010

Geren Ford Target Dress


EDIT 7/12: This dress must not be doing that well since I just received an email from Geren Ford saying they're giving away a free obi belt ($59 value) with purchase of the dress. The belts would actually work with the dress, but not sure why they would give it out free, unless they're just trying to get rid of them. If it is having problems selling, I think it's partially the way they marketed it and the way it's modeled on the Target website.


I opened my DailyCandy email today and was surprised to see this Geren Ford for Target dress in there without knowing of it beforehand! How did I miss this? It's just the one dress, not a collection. It's made of silk crepe de chine and looks cute in photos, but being an inexpensive (for designer) Target item, I'm not sure if the pictured look would remain true in person. It's also quite pricey for a Target dress ($89.99). I know it's designer, but even the Alexander McQueen silk tulip dress didn't cost me this much (I don't think). Nevertheless, it's still whimsical and flirty, and would be fun to accessorize. I hope the three Targets near my work carry it so I can least see if it's worth its nearly $100 tag!

1 comment:

GF said...

Hello Madeline!

We love that you posted our super cute Target Red Hot Shop special on your blog. We adore our Facebook followers and wanted to show them some summertime love with a giveaway... and there will be more to come so please keep checking in on our Facebook page!

p.s. The dress is only available on Target's online Red Hot Shop and for a limited time, so get yours while it's still "Red Hot"!

xo- The GF Ladies