Monday, July 12, 2010

Zara's Edie Interpretation





I've been loving this 3.1 Edie Bow bag since seeing it on Rachel Bilson, but have found it with price tags of about $2000 when it originally retailed for $700. No thanks (I could get a Jumbo for that price). But while perusing the Zara sale this weekend on the ever so touristy Hollywood Blvd while R Kells wrote at his coffee shop, I came across these very inexpensive Edie inspired bags. I'm usually not into inspired bags (too close to being fake), especially when it comes to 2.55 "inspirations", but I must admit that this was a very tempting purchase. At only $29.99, it wasn't on sale, but was cheap enough to almost purchase. The problem? It was so small and would fit maybe an ID, keys, and a lip gloss at most. When could I wear it when I normally lug around an (approx) 5 lb bag?

I would also like to say that I'm glad I introduced R Kells to Zara. He likes it, and I'd much rather him shop there than his other usual destinations that shelve baggy ass jeans and big paddle-like flip flops. Though he will still never wear items like vests, pastel colored sweaters, and pants that are slim and often worn without socks, Zara has been my savior.

No comments: