Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I recently came upon this and this.

And while I agree that babydoll TOPS make women look pregnant, I disagree that babydoll dresses make all women, "even a size 0" (as someone said in the comments) look pregnant and fat. I have a few babydoll dresses, and they do not make me look pregnant, and I am a size 0 (well, usually. Been gettin' a little plump lately). I think it mostly depends on the fabric, the cut, and the woman. If anything, they make me look even younger than I already look, but NOT pregnant.

As for the "men don't like babydoll dresses" thang, well I don't really give a damn. And to the commenter who wrote this:

Women today (since the late 60's) are so stupid. I guess most of these girls commenting here and saying this article is BS just have to say "well, um, I don't need a man anyway! I don't have to dress for a man! Stupid men, I don't need 'em... *goes to NOW meeting in Birkenstocks with no makeup on*" because they can't get one. So they decide to just wear what they want and disguise the real reason they do by calling it "self-esteem" when it's really because, even when they tried to dress to attract men, it didn't work. If you're not dressing to attract men and make yourself look fabulous, why bother? Just wear a bath robe and no make-up, because, based on the logic you dress for yourself, that would be the best choice because it's comfortable and easy to do.

You're a dumbass. Like many already said in the comments section, several women don't dress for men! Who wants that constant attention from guys based on how your ass looks in some jeans anyway? And just because someone says they don't dress for men doesn't mean they're hairy anti-men feminist types. Usually I feel women who dress for men are either really looking for sex, or are just insecure and need the validation. Also, I "got one". And it wasn't in a skintight mini skirt and boob shirt. Some women, the ones who dress for themselves, may feel most comfortable in a "bathrobe and no make-up", but feel BEST (as in more special, womanly, elegant, whatever) in nicer clothing, babydoll or not.

As for this idiotic question:

If you're not dressing to attract men and make yourself look fabulous, why bother?


Why bother? Because some of us actually enjoy fashion for how it makes us feel without the ogling and gawking from men. Any woman can still "look fabulous" without dressing in slutty tight outfits. Actually, I think MOST women look fabulous and SEXY in the unexpected. Not a leopard print fat-hugging tube dress. And often, women who dress for men end up looking like whores and think what they wear is "sexy" when really it's just slutty and way too small. And I would much rather see someone who MIGHT be pregnant underneath a babydoll dress than some jiggly girl who thinks she's sexy and attracting men in her trampy outfits. Those girls scream insecurity.

That dolt who posted that original comment needs to be slapped.

No comments: