Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kate


Kate. I've always loved her, even during her crazy coke days. With Kate, doing it and getting caught seemed glamorous. Style for Kate has always come naturally and unforced. She doesn't look like all those people on lookbook.nu who pose for a camera like they don't know it's there. Even after video was released of her little drug habit, it didn't really matter. Sure, several designers dropped her in the post-cocaine seasons, but that crazy f'd up part was what made her Kate. Kind of like how I rationalize my messed up parts and history as what make me. Who wants a perfect girly-girl anyway? A little bit of ugly makes pretty.

Obviously I'm not the only one who has the same admiration for Miss Moss. Nearly 20 years after her infamous CK ads, she's still splattered across every glossy ad in my magazines. Not to mention her rival Sienna Miller copying her style (she totally did).

Harlow (now Monrow) made a Kate tee a couple years ago. It was also available with other models like Linda Evangelista, Marilyn Monroe, and Cindy Crawford. It's sold out now, but I still search for it on eBay.

No comments: