Wednesday, January 06, 2010

So the people I've shown (roommate, boyfriend) this vintage little number to have thought it was super ugly or weird, but I still have the same feelings towards it when I bought it. I really like it! It's from Goodwill and I got it for $20. It had this horrid black skirt part to it that wasn't beaded, but was really long and layered and just ugly in general. I cut that part off, so just what you see remains. It's made in France (or so my friend who took French in HS tells me from the tag) and the beading is actually done really well. I don't notice any falling off and they feel pretty securely sewn on. The only problem with this lovely thing is it's too big. It actually came with shoulder pads in it, but I removed them. They weren't the cool Balmain type shoulders, just horrid 80s shoulders. So anyway, I think it would work great as a tunic or a little dress with tights once I get it tailored. But how much is that going to cost? It's beaded everywhere and I have a feeling it'd be pricey. Oh well!

No comments: