Friday, April 30, 2010

Fashion Pants


I took a trip to the ghetto mall for lunch and purchased a basic but very soft long white tee and some inexpensive jersey cropped pants. I bought the pants after being inspired by the Mike & Chris Thora Drop-Crotch track pants. I like the idea of taking something so casual as sweatpants and making them fashionable without it being obvious that you're wearing an item of clothing typically reserved for sweating in. To remove the laid-back gym look they're usually associated with, they need to be paired with more feminine and stylish pieces. High heels are a necessity. When I first saw the pants, I pictured them with the basic viscose white tee I had in my hand and then accessorizing it up with tons of jewelry or scarves or belts or something. Kind of a casual Alexander Wang type look, but I haven't actually tested it to see if it works. The pair I bought are black, but were also available in charcoal gray, blue, white, and a teal type color. I thought the black would be the safest, and if all else fails I can always just use them AS casual lounge pants instead of fashion pants. So no loss!

P.S. Did you notice that's the same jacket in my previous post? I really hope Hautelook doesn't take their usual 2-3 week shipping time!

No comments: