Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Zac Posen in the fitting room




UPDATE: Went to Target at lunch to return my size 6 pair of Cynthia Vincent wedges (kept the 6.5 but either size would've been fine) and that Target has TONS of the Zac Posen stuff. Unlike the stores at home, the Target on Jefferson has the long gown/maxi dress, $199 red leather jacket, the red 2 in 1 poufy prom-style type dress, the belts, and more. Lots of sizes available. I suggest anyone looking for the sold out items online to check the Culver City Jefferson Blvd. location.

While home, I also went to three Targets in the area knowing that my unhip hometown would mostly likely still have the Cynthia Vincent wedges and possibly the Zac Posen stuff out early. I scored a pair of the multicolor CV wedges, but the sold-out gladiator styles they never carried! The Zac Posen line was out early on Saturday with everything I was interested in available in my size. I left with the chambray dress (Target styled it horribly in their lookbook - they put a red tshirt underneath, blech) and the pink sailor dress. This dress has the exact same cut and fit as the tiger striped dress which I thought looked much worse on me. I know that's one of the dresses of the collection (thanks to Nicky Hilton), but I personally did not enjoy it. The solid pinkish purplish one was much better, though I'm still debating whether I should keep it or not - I felt the layers at the neck and shoulders were a little too much. The black knitted sweater dress was flattering with a bit of sparkle, but the last thing in the world I need right now is another black dress.

Also scored some Liberty of London pajamas. I love their prints, but most items were sold out in my size.

Please disregard my gray socks (I was wearing boots!). Also, why do I look so hipless in the black dress? I thought there are some sort of hips on my body...

2 comments:

bemelodious said...

The gray socks are hot.

Madeline said...

Would you like to buy them from me? I also have them in cream and black.

I went back to Target after work yesterday and got the gown, which actually fits really well, but is long. But now I gotta return it all because of the Mike & Chris jacket!