Monday, December 06, 2010

Current Favorites

There are certain styles I will be forever keen on, and there are other trendier ones that come and go. I don't know if these are as transient as I think they may be, but these are the trends/items I've been gravitating towards lately:

Furriness. Faux or vintage (I heard it doesn't count if it's vintage?), I want them in coats and jackets the most. I already have a couple, but would like more - like this one.


Beaded everything. Shirts, dresses, bags, all of it. Topshop and Kate Moss's Topshop has some great beaded dresses. I love the weight and the glamour factor of them.


Rachel Zoe-esque goddess gowns. Not so much the red carpet style, but the more casual. I got one at the Geren Ford sale and am waiting to find the perfect necklace for it. You can't see it very well, but I would give my kidney for the Fendi gown Rachel wears in the In Style article below. And the vintage Lanvin pendant Kiera Knightley has on.


Denim shirts. I've been very inspired by past Chloe runways, and I'm loving the khaki and denim combination. Also enjoy denim shirts with black, or used as a cardigan or cover-up.


Chunky heeled platforms. I read somewhere once in an interview that some fashiony person wished that platforms would go away. Why?? I dread the day! I'm not into feeling every pebble on the ground and hobbling around in pain in non-platforms. And they are great with all sorts of socks.



And big chunky rings. Because I think my hands are not the prettiest and most feminine (I have pinky issues and calluses from writing), I've never been a big ring wearer until recently. Not sure what happened, but now I want tons of big fat obnoxious rings.


This all of course, in addition to every other silly thing I'm always wanting.

No comments: