Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Repetto

Inside the Rue de la Paix Repetto store, Paris

Before my Paris/London trip, I bought two books, "Chic Shopping Paris" and "Patisseries of Paris", both by the same publisher. They are cute purse-sized books and give wonderful recommendations. Although I didn't get to go to all the stores and dessert places I wanted (like this place called Stohrer that had fresh cream and caramel filled puff pastries, mmm), I did go to several I loved. One was Repetto. I know you can buy Repetto at several places like Saks here in the U.S., but it's completely different to buy them from the original store in Paris where they all started. I bought a basic red patent pair. I haven't worn them yet because I'm afraid of ruining the prettiness and the lovely suede soles.

I think everyone should own some Repetto ballet flats. They are very basic, but they'll also never go out of style. Sure, you can buy ballet flats anywhere for much cheaper, but Repetto are the original. Plus, the bag, box, and wrapping are so pretty.

No comments: