Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Closet Solutions

My closet at home is a mess. My boyfriend laughs because I told him I don't know the possibilities of it when it's in such disarray. But it's no laughing matter. The problem is it's too small. I have no room. Everything is shoved in there, and a lot of it isn't even in there because it's at boyfriend's place or it's shoved into my also too-full dresser. I'll upload photos of my closet tonight so you can take a gander.

Since moving is not a current option, my temporary solution was going to be a cheap little wardrobe from Ikea. I'd put my fancier dresses in it. Or maybe my coats. I don't know. But it would help tons.

My shoes are another problem. They are shoved into two big giant plastic tupperware type boxes. On top and around those giant tupperware type boxes are more regular cardboard shoe boxes. And then there are other boxes filled with miscellaneous items like scarves, clutches, belts, etc. My solution to my shoe problem was two options - the shoe wheel, or these individual plastic shoe boxes they sell at The Container Store.


I've had these closet problems for quite some time now, but fail to do anything about them. Once I pay off some debts and get back to my normal financial situation, I'll need to get these. My closet isn't getting bigger but my wardrobe is (although it shouldn't be now, since I am very poor). I think a disorganized closet can really hurt style and outfit possibilities. If you aren't aware of the clothes/shoes/accessories you have, how can you turn them into something great?

No comments: