Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leopard Love


A lot of people think leopard verges on slutty. I think it can, but if done right, can look sophisticated. I've been on the hunt for a faux leopard coat forever. I've found jackets, but I want a full on coat with just the perfect print. Ebay has tons, but these always end at several hundred dollars. My leopard inspiration comes from stylistas such as Kate Moss and Edie Sedgwick (the photo is of Sienna Miller as her in Factory Girl).


While in London last month, I lost my Topshop virginity and spent 2 hours in the massive Oxford Circus store. I found the perfect leopard coat, but unfortunately, all the smaller sizes were sold out. Right away, I checked the website, but it wasn't there. A few weeks later when I was home, I found it online. I waited a bit, and then it sold out. I went crazy. I regretted not buying it immediately and second guessing myself. I knew it would sell out, I just didn't know it would be gone within hours of me finding it. Luckily for me, I am an obsessive shopper and found it on Ebay for a cheaper price, brand new, in my size. I was relieved. I just found out they make the coat in petite sizes as well, but these are also all sold out in the smaller sizes. "Petite" according to Topshop is 5'3" and under. I am 5'4" and bought the regular, non-petite size. I hope this isn't too large. If it isn't perfect, I know I can sell it and at least get my money back, if not more. Excited to receive it!


No comments: