Sunday, December 20, 2009

thigh high perfection


I found the perfect thigh high/otk boots Thursday night. They're from Zara, black suede, not so high heel. They're the ones in the photos in their catalog/lookbook. I couldn't believe they even had them when I went to the Promenade location. They had a pair on a mannequin but I thought for sure the rest would be sold out. I looked all around the store and then saw them on a ground level shelf, in the corner front of the store before I left. Two pairs in a 36. PERFECT. I took them to the fitting room and tried to pull them up over a pair of not-so-skinny jeans. It took a bit of work because of the bunchy jeans, but when they were on I had to have them.

Unfortunately for me, I also purchased the Topshop Britany boot (in the post below) in black leather, and I can't keep both. The Zara pair are great because they fit so closely. I've been doing a LOT of research on all otk boots, and most that are in my price range fit looser. These fit like the Isabel Marant pair that were all over her F/W 09 runways. I love the Isabel Marants that Emmanuelle Alt (above) and other fashionistas have been wearing, but it's not like I would've been able to afford them anyway, so the Zara pair are the perfect alternative. The Britany are nice too but are thicker and not as form-fitting. I'm also afraid they may look a little trampish. The quality of leather on them is really good and they are overall a nice pair of boots, but the Zara pair definitely beats them. SO excited to whip these suckers out!

No comments: