Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Stuck in a Rut


This frigid Los Angeles weather has got me in tights and coats. I've noticed though, that my cold weather wardrobe centers around blacks, whites, and other similar neutrals (but no heather gray!). It's lacy, frilly, stripey, all very Parisienne. It's very much my style and to my liking, but now my problem is... I'm a little sick of it. I want some more pizazz. It seems like most of it is little black skirts, black dresses, tights, some version of a basic black pump, black boots, striped sweaters, black or black/white coats. While I've always loved this look (of course, it's why I own all these things), I'm a little bored. I've wanted to throw on my MAC Russian Red, but think it's too bold and too much for work. What to do? In this cold ass high of 50 degree weather, It's difficult for me to wear anything bare-legged or bare-footed. Jeans are super cold to throw on in 30-degree morning temperatures, even if I throw em in the dryer for 10 minutes.

For example, today I'm wearing a ruffled 3/4 sleeve pale pink top with a lacy flouncy black skirt. I'm wearing black knit tights, and a black and silver wedge. I threw on my Erin Fetherston for Target black heart coat over it and I was done. I was contemplating accessories, but since I'm spending the next few days at boyfriend's, I figured I'd leave them there and lose them.

Hmm. I don't know. Maybe I'm normally okay with it, but today I'm just in a funk.

No comments: