Sunday, December 20, 2009

Quality vs Looks?

So I've always had this dilemma with myself about quality and labels. I find a lot of things I like at places like Forever21 or H&M and sometimes Target (like their GO lines). I know these places have reputations of crap quality, but when I find something I really like, I can't resist. I've never had any major problems with the quality of things from these stores. Maybe it's because I don't wear the things I get from there often or because I take care of my stuff. But then sometimes I think it's better to spend more on nicer things. You can really tell the difference in quality between the more expensive things from the cheaper. When I touch the fancier stuff, they don't make my hand feel gross. Some F21 items pull at my dry skin. Gross, right?

So anyway, that's always been my dilemma. The problem is the more expensive things are well, more expensive. So it's harder to get them and to find something I really like that I see in the cheaper stores in the nicer stores. I don't like looking in my closet and seeing mostly F21 items or things from GO lines. But I think it's because I'm a snob and I like the fancier labels. I need to get over it. If it looks good and works for me (doesn't fall apart), then who cares, right?

P.S. The Rodarte line is out and the black slipdress and leopard print dress are already sold out online. Crazy, but I don't really care. I loved them at first, but now I've gotten over it.

No comments: