Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Anxious


I'm anxiously waiting for consistent 75 degree temperatures and clear blue skies. Today is overcast and not so cold, but definitely not summer weather. RKells (this will be my boyfriend's new nickname on here since it's the same one I use amongst most family and friends) says I'm spoiled by the weather here. I tell him I just like nice weather because who doesn't?

Usually I get that summer feeling around the 4th of July. I guess I've spent the past few summers having barbeques in Malibu beach houses - typical summertime symbols that rarely fail in casting that summer feeling. The 4th is this weekend and RKells and I hastily planned an impromptu trip to Santa Barbara for the holiday. We're not even going to be there the entire weekend because we don't want to spend much, but it should be a nice escape from smoggy Los Angeles. I decided to take more pictures because he and I really don't have many together.

It's times like this that I miss being in school pre-sixteen age (since I worked every summer after). I didn't really like school, but no one can deny the greatness of those responsibility-free summer months.

Even though I'm constantly working through most summer days now, I'd like the sun to shine a little more for my weekends, especially this weekend of the 4th!

No comments: