Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Anticipation

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
- E.E. Cummings

My cold dead heart is excited for summer. It's not even my favorite season (fall all the way), but for some reason I'm inkling for some sand, ocean, and sun-induced vitamin D.

Every Saturday on my way to boyfriend's place, I take Sunset through Beverly Hills and West Hollywood to my destination on the cusp of WeHo and Hollywood. This boyfriend trip usually occurs around sunset, my favorite time of day. As much as I sometimes enjoy gloomier weather, I must admit that the trip is much nicer when there's sunshine and clear skies.

As you can see, I love taking pictures of tall skinny palm trees. I had to stick my phone out the window like some tourist to get the photo above by the Beverly Hills hotel.

I think it's these iconic beachy trees that get me all excited for the upcoming season. I can't wait to whip out the several pairs of shorts I've never worn, the floppy hats, and products for perfectly tousled beach hair!

I leave you with my summer anthem - Summertime by The Sundays. I love Harriet Wheeler's 70s-Audrey-Hepburn style in this video.

No comments: