Monday, June 14, 2010

Sample Sale Scores


I scored big time last Friday at the Geren Ford sample sale with this Ruffle Leather Jacket. Normally $863. I got it for $100. I got to it on its last day, just an hour before it ended. It was near work so I decided to pop in before heading home. I also got a pair of $1 shorts (one dollar, you read that right) and a blue silk blouse for $25.

My problem now is that I can't have two leather jackets. Well I could, but I really can't. So the question is, which goes? The Mike & Chris or the Geren Ford? The Mike & Chris one has softer leather and I think is more versatile, but the Geren Ford one is more unique and cutesier.

Also picked up some basics at the James Perse sale on Sunday. Just some basic tees ($5!) and basic tanks.

I don't often go to sample sales anymore because of my availability (work usually gets in the way), but when I do, it never makes me want to buy full price again. If I can get a jacket and tees for nearly 90% off, why would I ever want to pay retail? I just wish these sample sales would happen more often and on both weekend days.

No comments: