Friday, August 20, 2010

Mulberry on Gilt

Click on photo for clearer quality

As expected, with their highly coveted Alexa and Bayswater bags, the early release of the Mulberry line for Target on Gilt.com has caused a frenzy. I've read mixed reviews online based on the photos of the four bags released - many say they resemble cheap Juicy Couture bags. I can see how this comparison is made; however, I think once the tacky elementary heart charms are removed from the bags, they are actually quite nice. After much debating, I went for the black patent Bayswater-esque satchel. Like everyone else, I wish they had made these bags in more desirable materials like canvas or brown leather (the dream!), but I think the black patent leather (the site says leather, real? Must be, right?) is still a pretty chic bag once the charms are removed. I kind of also hoped they would have come with shoulder straps, but I guess I can't have it all.

If you missed out, the line releases in Targets in October.

P.S. I know the photo above is sucky quality, but if you click on it you should be able to get a better view. Or just go to Gilt.com.

No comments: