Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweat it out

Alexander Wang Mohair Boatneck Sweater


Kimberly Ovitz Silk and Cashmere Cardigan


Etoile Isabel Marant Striped Wool-Blend Sweater


Catherine Malandrino Oversized Cashmere Sweater


Preen Mink Angora Satin Sweater


Alexander Wang Draped Wool Sweater Dress (one of my favorites)


Stella McCartney Cashmere and Wool V-neck Sweater


Stella McCartney V-neck Wool Oversized Sweater

Sweaters have always been one of my favorite pieces of clothing, but I am currently obsessing over them more than usual. Maybe it's because they're sprinkled all over my usual shopping sites for fall or because I've been in a minimalist mood lately. The sweaters that tickle my fancy aren't overly designed or trendy, I prefer knits that are basic and well-made. I like them fitted, loose and drapey, cardigan style, chunky, long and tunic-like -- I basically love them in all forms. They look a bit ordinary and boring in photos, but it really comes down to the styling. Add a belt, throw em over printed dresses and skirts, style your hair perfectly, pair them with busier items or with equally minimalistic pieces, whatever you do, sweaters are as versatile as they are practical. As much as I adore coats and jackets, purchasing them is almost a waste of money living in Southern California. Sweaters are the perfect lighter, cooler alternative for this city that lacks seasons. Some of my favorites pictured above. These are all pricier sweaters, but for a staple that never goes out of style, the extra money is more than worth it.

No comments: