Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pressures


I don't feel many pressures in my everyday life, except for one that started in June with a birthday subscription of Women's Wear Daily. While I enjoy reading each one, I find them extremely difficult to keep up with! These little fashion newspapers come almost everyday, and if you skip one or two days, they begin to pile up and overwhelm.

Since R Kells was busy working today and therefore kicked me out, I spent the day trying to catch up on my past WWDs. I got through about five. Ideally, I'd like to go through each one slowly, but with so many to catch up on, that ideal is lost. I pick the articles I'm interested in and focus on these. Since fashion week just ended, the issues are filled with reviews from every single runway show. I can't read each and every review (in addition to those on style.com) so I do the same as I do to the newspaper as a whole - I pick and choose. If only WWD had maybe a tri-weekly subscription, I would much easier be able to handle that, instead of having to discriminate between articles. But with work, my caffeine-free lifestyle (no, I will not start drinking coffee), and my very strong ability and desire to SLEEP, these WWDs sometimes fall on my list of priorities.

In addition to these, I have my magazines and books I'd like to read but never get the chance to.

I could use a vacation.

No comments: