Monday, November 16, 2009




I don't care if this is old news, but I've been looking for bow blouses for a couple years now. I love them. So feminine and so 70s. I love them with high-waisted flare jeans and a vest. Or with a jumper. They look good on their own or with something over them, showcasing just the bow, like the mannequin at H&M above. Unfortunately, I didn't have the best luck in my search. I thought it was a pretty trendy top, but couldn't find many that fit how I wanted it to look and my price range. I actually think the best ones are made of a chiffon-y material so the bow flops over perfectly (but not too much), but I couldn't find any (except for a French Connection one, but they were sold out).

I finally found one that would work at Juicy Couture on sale. White, short puff sleeves, and only half-buttoned. I had to get it taken in because it was too boxy. It's a little difficult to get on and off because of the half-buttoned style, but it works. But I still wanted a longer sleeve one and found the one above at H&M this weekend in San Francisco. I had the salesperson sell me the one on the mannequin because they were sold out otherwise. The problem was it was the wrong size. I bought it anyway, thinking I could take it in if I couldn't find one in my size. Luckily, I found one in a 4 at the 3rd St. Promenade location tonight. I also purchased a little black blazer with a little ruffle at the top of the sleeve (top photo). I think the current longer boyfriend blazer style is overdone. Bring on the shorter blazers!

No comments: