Thursday, February 25, 2010

Overalls

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2010

I got to work this morning to find an RZP email about overalls. I was just telling my boyfriend overalls will come back soon, and this was prior to any spring or fall runway shows or the March issue of Elle. I guess I kind of see it as history and time repeating itself (as it always does). The whole early 90s 90210-inspired style came back, plaid, grunge, bits and pieces of my beloved Clueless look, and so of course, overalls had to return as well. I got my first pair at 10. I loved them best with little white tees. I still have a pair at my parents' house that I can whip out and update for a modernized look. I think maybe cropped or cuffed a little, possibly in a fancier fabric, wedges or little heels, bow blouse and cute hair? Maybe some ribboned bow-type headband with messy hair? When's my next trip home?

No comments: