Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rag & Bone

Cynthia Steffe


Both photos, Brian Reyes Fall 2010

Oh knee/otk highs. I have loved these ever since I was 10, when the lovely Alicia Silverstone donned several pairs as Cher - along with Stacey Dash and Brittany Murphy (RIP) - in Clueless. Always wanted a pair. At 10, I didn't know how to get my mom to buy me any, so I'd steal her black trouser socks instead. I wanted white knee highs to go with the plaid skirts and baby tees of the time, but my mom's black trouser socks were the best I could do.


Anyway, I'm glad to see my Clueless post a few months ago wasn't totally off. Looking at Fall runways this year reinforces my love and prediction for the 1995 trend. Since my Clueless post, I've stocked up on a black pair and navy pair. I've had several white pairs for years now, but never had the courage to whip them out. My boyfriend says these types of socks look "naughty" to men, which is quite unfortunate since I don't want to look slutty, just stylish.

Well, as I've always said, I dress for me, not for men or anyone else. Is it too early to now wish for fall again? It is and has always been my favorite season.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness I am OBSESSED too!! Love!!

Erin said...

I loved the Brian Reyes collection! He took delicate, feminine looks and made them bolder, so stunning

Juliecha* said...

I agree! The silk shorts with high over the knee socks is absolutely my favorite look from his collection!

Unknown said...

Brian Reyes definitely made the school girl look chic and sophisticated. Love the over the knee socks.