Thursday, February 04, 2010

Hooky

Today I ditched work with a fellow coworker and enjoyed a lovely day minus the pressures and annoyances of the office. We started a little past noon at Urth Caffe. I know it seems like a pretentious LA spot, but they do have good food and drinks and a nice outdoor seating area, so what the hell. I actually really like it. Boyfriend and I often go on sunny weekends when I crave some green tea boba. My Urth Farmer's Salad:


Urth was followed by a trip down the fancier side of Melrose, with visits to the Marc by Marc Jacobs store (great little affordable gifts), Vince, DVF, and CHLOE where the lovely salesperson talked to us for almost an hour. Poor girl, we were her first customers and it was around 2 when we came in. The store opens at 10. When we exhausted Melrose, we drove to Beverly Hills and walked around the Canon/Beverly Dr/Rodeo area. What did I buy? A couple Sprinkles cupcakes, food, but no actual clothing items.

I took the above photo at the end of our hooky day. I didn't go in. It would've made me too depressed.

No comments: