Monday, February 08, 2010



I never paid much attention to Isabel Marant until I saw her Fall 2009 line and fell in love with those ohsolovely suede boots. So I was genuinely pleased when I was doing my usual online routine when I stumbled upon her Spring 2010 line and wanted everything. It reinforced my original feelings for her as a designer (since I can't accurately judge her based on one collection). The elements that caught my eye? Slouchy fringy boots with everything, bright pink little numbers, and light and floaty dresses. I know the bohemian thing has been done several times, but I don't care for what's in or what's out (though I do love Project Runway). I enjoy what I enjoy, regardless of what magazines and style experts may say. For me, Marant's Spring collection exuded a refreshing bohemian vibe. I think the reason I enjoy this collection in particular is because of its wearability. Now while I do love the crazy, risk-taking Hussein Chalayan type designers, I appreciate Marant's collection differently. I can actually see every one of her looks off the runway. She makes flirty little frocks and pairs them with equally adorable jackets and boots. She pairs black ensembles with contrasting colored boots -- a combo I've always enjoyed.

Every season, I can't wait for the next. This season is no exception.

No comments: