Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Creepy

I often go to the thrift store near work for lunch on days I don't know what to do with myself. Sometimes I leave empty handed, but I usually find at least a couple things I like. Upon entering, I always veer towards their "designer" section which includes fur coats. I usually find a couple I really like, but the sizes are always way too big.

Anyway, aside from sifting through the racks of clothing, I also go through their home stuff. I came across this table today that had this lovely display on it:

Is this not the creepiest display of toys?! I would like to know the history behind these toy clowns. There IS a reason they were given up. You know that scary rope clown comes alive when the store is closed!

I left with a boxy red silk shirt (but hangs well) and a taupe-ish suede envelope bag for a grand total of $10 so I will be returning, clowns or no clowns.
Great finds > fear of clowns.

2 comments:

The Queen of Hearts said...

The last image is fantastic! I actually red the post to discover and with shock/amazement that you procured BOTH of these items for $10? I actually re-read that sentence to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating.


The Red Queen

Madeline said...

Yes, $10! $5 each! Hooray for cheap stuff!