Friday, November 12, 2010

Change... and Sequins



New season, new changes. Well, kind of. I'm waiting for the change! Anxiously waiting. I wish LA got seasons since fall is my absolute favorite. It would be very poetic with the current changes in my life.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm waiting for some major changes to happen career-wise. I'm in the midst of leaving my current job to pursue something that actually excites me. Except... I don't know when I'm leaving! I wish my company would get it together and hurry it up on finding my replacement. I don't think it's very difficult. I guess I can ride it out maybe a month longer at most, but this anxiety is killing me! I don't even have any real plans yet for what I'm going to do in my unemployed state, but knowing the date of my last day here would help. It's going to be liberating!

On another note, I love this J. Crew Drapey Sequin tank. I always go through my closet, saying I need more of this and that. One of these things is texture. I need more texture to liven up my outfits. I think this allover sequin tank is a perfect way to do so, worn as a layering piece with cardigans, blazers, jackets, or whatever thrown over them. I really like the "olive moss" colored one above. I wish I could find some great navy blue velvet pants to go with them and maybe pull off a Balmain fall 2010 inspired look.

I better get my retail addiction in check. Once unemployed, I'll have to think long and hard before making any sort of unnecessary purchase. The only downside.

No comments: