Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Simple


This is a horrible picture, but I got this basic long black dress today on lunch. It is one of the very few things I will miss about where I work.

Super basic and super comfortable, it's from my trusty H&M. There are no bells and whistles to it, when I describe it as a "basic long black dress" that is what it is. No shoulder pads, ruching, sparkle of any kind. Just a blank black canvas for me to accessorize and make interesting.

I added my big Santa belt to this for the photo, but most likely will not wear with it this. I have a thin double Linea Pelle belt that would go much better. As much as I hate to do this, since I was waiting for it to leave the trend scene, I may pair it with a ... faux fur vest. So trendy, yes. Purchasing this actually makes me regret the vest I saw at the H&M in Paris. It was long, coyote-colored, and came with a faux leather wrap belt. Perfect, now that I think about it. I held it up to the boyfriend and he gave me a "wtf" look. Maybe he did it because he wanted to move on to the boat ride we had planned for the afternoon (it never happened, we ended up at Galeries Lafayette instead) and didn't want to wait for me to pay for it. Down it went, and the regrets are still here. This is what I get for shopping with others.

Anyway, a faux fur vest, a denim vest, or as is with the belt and maybe a scarf. I was really close to getting the Alexander Wang one, but was glad I resisted and went for the less expensive one. My wallet is happy and I think I am almost as satisfied as if I had gone with the Wang version.

2 comments:

The Queen of Hearts said...

I think we have the same pillow covers, lol. Yup, we do!


The Red Queen

Madeline said...

We are like twins!