Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Last Kate


While the hype today is centered around the Lanvin for H&M lookbook, I am mostly excited for the last major Kate Moss collection for Topshop. I want it all. I mostly love the gowns with the beading and the little dresses, and as expected, a lot of it has sold out! Not that it matters, I don't exactly have $300+ to throw down on a beaded dress to wear to a nonexistent occasion...

The collection also brings back some of her "iconic" pieces, such as the dobby dress, this time only available in black. Years ago when it came out, this was the dress of my life. Unfortunately, I craved it in yellow or white, not black. I also wish they would have resold the leather jacket from her first collection. The black round collar one with the asymmetrical zip. I still look for it many years later.

Although I do wish I could see many of these items hanging in my stuffed closet, I think I have to grow some balls and let it all go. I'm in the midst of becoming unemployed and going after what I really want, and I need to think of what's best for me in the "long-run". And as much as I love them so, ruffly little dresses are not it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the lanvin and h&m pieces but i agree...nothing beats kate moss and topshop for me

LOVE the lace cream dress

Puck Litaay said...

The last one is a classic.

Puck // oneofpoints.blogspot.com