Thursday, November 18, 2010

obsession


beauty abounds in the broken spaces
(for this is where you dwell)

I've never been that into poetry. I think 11th or 12th grade English ruined it a bit for me. All the analyzing, the scrutinizing of every word and space. Couldn't we just enjoy it for what it was?

But you know I love E.E. Cummings in spite of all the ruin. I first learned of his poems in college. His often confusing yet beautiful poetry must have repaired the damage high school poetry left on me.

And now I just got two more poetry books by Kylie Johnson. The poems are simple and sweet. No bombastic language. Just simple. And I am simply obsessed with them.

Update:

I found her blog. She is a poet and a potter. I love it. And I just decided to follow her blog, and so now she might read this. A little embarrassing.

No comments: