Thursday, November 09, 2006

madeup

I'm not much of a makeup person, but when I do get new makeup, I get kind of excited. On a daily basis I don't wear as much as I used to. Eyeliner is basically it, and only in the corners. It just seems like a such a hassle to put it all on and I feel like my face feels dirty. I do, however, like to put it on when going out. Sometimes I feel like I put on too much so my face feels all fake and doesn't look the way I want it to, but I think that's because I'm horrible at it.

But here are some of the most common products I use (on my slutty zebra print blanket from just below the border):



Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler that I hardly ever use anymore because I don't give a hoot.
True Colors "Black Gold" umm... glittery powder stuff. I'm using this as a substitute for when I lost my real eyeshadow somewhere, but I remember the True Colors lady saying you could use it all sorts of things. I've had this since high school so I decided I should use it now, if ever.
MAC Viva Glam I lipstick. I love it. It stays on through everything and it's just as dramatic as I want it to be. Makes a big difference.
Sephora Liquid Liner - the brush tip, not the sponge (it makes a finer line). I only use this when going out, or on Halloween I used it a little. You can't even tell when I use it because I suck.
MAC Pressed Powder. I've had this since senior year of high school and there's still tons left. I've dropped it a few times so the button is broken and the pad thing you put the powder on with is coming apart. I remember originally going for the Studio Fix (I remember lotsa chicks having the Studio Fix so I thought it was what I should get), but because it has both foundation and powder, they said I didn't need it. Too makeupy.
Some MAC Brush. For eyeshadow. I forget the number to it, but it's great.
NARS Mambo Eyeliner. This is what I've been using on a daily basis. My sole piece of makeup. It was once just eyeshadow but since I lost it, it's been the Mambo.
MAC Half-Red Lipliner. I got this when I got the Viva Glam lipstick. I told the MAC people I wanted red lipstick and they put the Viva Glam on me and this lipliner.
MAC Smolder Eyeliner. I only use this when going out at night and as my whiskers for my Halloween costume.
Prescriptives False Eyelashes Mascara. No, not real false eyelashes. But it's supposed to give the effect of it. I like it, but it doesn't give that effect. I only wear this at night as well but you really can't even tell.

I also have some pink lipstick and pink lipliner and gloss, all MAC, but I've only worn those like once. I wish I knew how to do makeup. And not just any makeup, and not to where I have to wear like 10 pounds of black goop to make me look different. Doing makeup on Asian people is tricky. Oh well.

(Do you like how I tried to make the makeup items the same color as the actual color of the product? Ha.)

No comments: