Monday, November 13, 2006

unimpressed

There are several brands and trends that are whatever and I never understood the hype that came with them. Here are some:

Dooney and Bourke. I hate this brand. It looks really tacky and little-kiddish to me. So many of the prints look like fruit loops or Trix cereal. I also feel like a lot of people who have them think they have some great designer purse, when really they don't.


Coach. Definitely not as bad as Dooney and Bourke, but I think their shoes are nicer than their bags. I don't really like the monogram print of the Coach, but some styles are okay. I like the Daphne bags, but I'm not so impressed by much else. People who buy this and Dooney need to know that these are not super-expensive designer purses, but "affordable luxury". There's nothing wrong with that, I don't own any fancy designer bags either. But don't flaunt it like it is. Whip out the Chloe Paddington bag, Fendi Spybag, or any of the other "it" bags and the other bags that come with the designer and you get real luxury. Below is Jessica Alba with the Daphne bag. I think I prefer the ones without the monogram or annoying colors. Carmen Electra has this too. I think that's about it.

Juicy Couture. I have a white velour track zip up thing from them, but mainly because it is warm and I needed something that I could wear with everything for grocery store trips and such. Since the days of the terry/velour tracksuits are over, I don't see the excitement with anything else they really make. I like some of their coats and jackets, and maybe a couple purses, but the brand has a whole I don't think produces enough of a variety for annoying chicks to be like "JUICY WHORE" and have annoying Myspaces with Juicy all over them. The purple cropped tie empire waist hoodie below is kind of cute. Except I think it might have a fattening effect. Most everything else is overrated and overpriced.




Seven For All Mankind jeans. I understand their importance. But I don't see why everyone asks if I'm wearing Sevens or always talk about Sevens. Sure, they're the first major designer jean brand in the whole designer jean craze, BUT, now how many are there? 291483420 brands. True Religion, Rock and Republic, Frankie B., Antik, Paige Premium, Sass and Bide, J Brand, J&Company, Taverniti So, Hudson, Grass, William Rast (these are on my list to try on)... the list never ends. Jordache even makes designer jeans. The only Sevens that have fit me were the Dojos, which were great. But everything else was whatever and not worth the $150+.

No comments: