Tuesday, November 14, 2006

rain and cities

So I'm kind of disappointed in this unexpected rain (it was so nice yesterday!) because I wanted to go on down to the ghetto and get some cupcakes. I don't like going out in the rain. I love cold weather, minus the wind and rain. I like the clothes that come with it and the toasty hot chocolatey New Yorky feel from it. But wind and rain just ruin everything. Hair, shoes, wet jeans, gross. I need a good Costco Munsingwear sweatpants and sweatshirt combo like I had in 6th grade on cold P.E. days. Who cares if I'll look like grandpa going on a jog? I'll be warm and comfortable! Or I could get more Primp pieces, if they would make more cute things like cupcakes, cake, ice cream cones, and UNICORNS. Did you know I thought unicorns were real until I was 11?

I was once told from a fellow that what I was wearing was more NY than San Diego. What is San Diego style, then? How does it differ from L.A.'s style? L.A. is about boob shirts and jeans for going out. And tiny little skirts and dresses and things that would fall under the category of "sexy". Sexy maybe (borderline slutty and often over-the-line slutty for several though), but not very fashionable. How many ways can you do clubbing clothes, anyway? It's about skin and showing off bodies. Not so much about the actual clothes themselves. But what is San Diego? I don't feel it's very different from L.A., just less of it. Not as glittery and not as concerned with image. New York is more than just about designer jeans, which I like. It's about everything. It's not all about name and bodies. It's twenty year old grandma mixed with Missoni and Balenciaga. It's Carrie Bradshaw! Speaking of which, who can't wait for the movie?

No comments: