Sunday, November 26, 2006

stylists


Who loves that Nicole Richie dumped Rachel Zoe on her ass? Okay, so I don't know if it was ON HER ASS, but you know what I mean. It's always seemed like cheating to me to have a stylist. Of course you're gonna look good if you pay another person whose expertise is fashion to pick it out and tell you to wear it! It's like these celebrities don't need to use their own mind, own creativity, own uniqueness. Just pay someone else major $ and guaranteed best-dressed list (not always). Rachel Zoe never really helped Nicole, LiLo, and Mischa develop their own sense of style and to go with it. She just kind of gave them her thin Grecian goddess flowy dresses boho style to take on as their own. HOWEVER. I do think Rachel Zoe did much good for Nicole. Look at how Nicole Richie looked before Rachel Zoe:


In that first picture, look at all those colors! I like purple and pink when done right, but when put all together in an outfit the way she has it, blech. And her fake multicolore Speedy 30! She's loaded, right? Couldn't she be able to afford a real $1000+ Louis Vuitton bag? The worst part has to be the hair though. So trashy. I don't want to get started on the second picture. Let's just say Rachel Zoe helped her, I admit. Because this is how she looked after (and now):
So much better. But now that Nicole has the tips to dress well and knows not to have nappy black and blonde extensions/highlights, she can move on and pick out stuff for herself. I hear she's using another stylist (I think the one who dresses Penelope Cruz) for some upcoming awards show where she's supposed to perform for her dad (or with him? I don't remember). Pick up the current US Weekly to find out.

I leave you with a picture I'm sure you've seen before of Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan looking super gross. Lindsay Lohan should've NEVER went blonde and this lollipop look ain't pretty. And she's very pale and freckly.


1 comment:

Lauren Messiah said...

I agree she helped her, but at the same time most people dress ugly and rebellious at a younger age. She would have grown out of it eventually.