Monday, March 29, 2010

The Garden Collection




This weekend, I made a trip to the Beverly Center to return a flat iron that failed my hair, and stopped at the H&M to check out their Garden Collection. Most of the collection (all?) is made up of organic cotton and materials, so I wouldn't have felt as guilty if I'd bought anything. Everything was the embodiment of spring - florals, pastels, lighter fabrics, short hemlines, etc. Most items were in stock, except for the red and white rose-skirted dresses that have been hyped up recently.


I loved the pink strapless ruffly-bust dress when I first saw photos for it, but I just didn't love it in the fitting room. Unfortunate, because they had both of my H&M sizes when I thought they'd sell out. The Bev Center H&M had a TON left, so it must be universally unflattering.

The floral-sleeved dress would be perfect for someone who hasn't eaten in about a week or two. It was so tight you could see the whole outline of my belly button! Some magical underwear would be required in order to pull this number off (and some purging).

As for the wide-sleeved top, it was the one item I almost purchased, but decided against it last minute because I really don't need it. It also came in pink. Great airy shirt for spring and summer, but I'm really needing more blouses, not knits.

Oh, and why is the women's fitting room line so ridiculously long? To all Beverly Center H&M shoppers - the fitting room on the men's side NEVER has a line.

Please excuse the poor photos, they were taken with my phone.

No comments: