Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Saint James Meridien Nautical Tee


For Valentine's Day, I got my beloved some laceless Converse Chuck Taylors. You know, those ones that have been around for a while now. He wanted the Converse Chuck Taylor hi-tops in black or red but I'm highly against such an ugly shoe, so I felt the laceless ones I gifted were a great alternative. Anyway, he loves the shoes, and hes' not wearing clown-style Chuck Taylor hi-tops so I'm happy.

Unfortunately, I also got him a pair of corduroy pants to replace these HORRID baggy, torn up, cargo pants he has and they were too small. Sadness! I returned them and wanted to get him something else to spruce up his wardrobe. To give you an idea of his style, he wears lots of graphic tshirts, ill-fitting (ahem, baggy and loose) jeans and pants, big paddle-like flip flops, etc. You get the idea. Basically, the biggest thing is the fit of his items. But he's a straight guy-guy, so what does he know?

Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this J. Crew Saint James Meridien Nautical Tee. Like I said a few posts down, the sailor-inspired tee is everywhere for women, and while I love it (I'm wearing one of my mine right now), I think it would be even more perfect for him. It's casual but still stylish. Great quality I'm sure, and I think I'm leaning towards the white version. I'm not trying to change him (heart him), just maybe make a few alterations to his current wardrobe.

No comments: