Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Skincare




I never paid attention to skin or ever spent much money on it until I moved here a few years ago. I'm surrounded by people always trying to lose weight, get in shape, and improve and protect their skin. The only thing I used prior to I don't know, two months ago, was Oil of Olay on my face in the mornings. I'd wash my face with some Neutrogena at night and throw on whatever lotion I used on my body on my face and hit the hay. If I had a zit, I'd zap it with some Clean & Clear spot treatment.

Apparently though, this is not enough. I know of girls who spend $700 on lotions and potions that claim to work miracles. But really, $900 worth?! Why not just stay hydrated, avoid the sun, and get enough sleep? I'm not even willing to spend $150 on any sort of facial treatment!

So since I'm surrounded by these skin-obsessed girls, I decided to "splurge" on some facial care and makeup. First, I bought the Chanel Double Perfection compact. I owned a compact around the age of 17, and I would still have it today, but I dropped it and it cracked. I don't wear powder or any skin-makeup on a daily basis, but I thought this would be good just in case I ever needed to. I still haven't used it (I'm sure I will soon!).

I also bought the Kiehl's Panthenol Protein Moisturizing Face Cream and use it at night. $26 (whoopee). I apply it before going to bed and I wake up with very soft skin. Doesn't cause breakouts, but I don't tend to break out anyway. I highly recommend it for anyone with dry skin who wants a very moisturizing moisturizer. I'm low maintenance when it comes to beauty, but I'm glad I purchased this.

No comments: