Wednesday, March 10, 2010


The new issue of the H&M magazine is out and features Erin Wasson as the cover girl. They styled her in denim and white tees - one of my favorite combos. I have maybe... 12 pairs of jeans and several different styles of white shirts, and this is often my outfit for work, weekend, and really anything. I find it comfortable, easy, and always timeless.

Several other bloggers post photos of themselves in trendy, unique outfits. I said before that I'd like to post photos of my outfits too, but that I don't really have the means of doing so. I'd feel silly walking around while someone took photos of me trying to look spontaneous and nonchalant as if I didn't know the camera was there. Not so much my thang.

Another reason why I haven't is because my daily outfits aren't very different and aren't necessarily special. For instance, today I am wearing a pair of True Religion, straight-leg, Billy jeans. I've paired them with a basic white short sleeved, crewneck tee. On top (since the weather has been quite frigid lately), I have a camel/khaki colored double-breasted trench coat. My shoes are a nude colored heel with bows on the pointy toe (my first heels in college). Basic pearl earrings are my only accessory. See? Quite a snorefest, no? May not be picture-worthy, but definitely will always be around. Like I've said before, I think what makes any look is good hair, skin, makeup, and fit of garments. If you don't have these, it doesn't matter what you're wearing.

So amongst all the gladiator shoes, harem pants, crazy faux fur jackets and vests, I find comfort in the classic, basic things. Don't get me wrong, I do love some trends (cloggy) and love to incorporate them into my wardrobe, but I notice I gravitate towards the basics that fit well, like jeans and white tees. You take these things and you add your own signature to them. A lipstick shade, necklace, scarf, whatever. Some people feel best all done up, but that's never been the case for little Mad Dogg here. While my basic separates and outfits aren't particular noteworthy, they will always be timeless. Catch me in 20 years and I will most likely be wearing a similar outfit to today's, except with an extra wrinkle or two and maybe a Mulberry bag and some tupperware (old people like tupperware).

No comments: