Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thrift Find



As written in a previous post, I've struggled with my closet for a while now and have tried to find several solutions. It's simply too small. I don't think I have that many clothes, but I do feel that my closet is inadequate in size to house my salary (because that's mostly where it goes).

My current room came mostly furnished, but I don't plan on living here forever, so I knew I needed to get some of my own stuff.

Luckily for me, I found this shabby chic-ish armoire/wardrobe at a thrift store I often visit on lunches near work. Although I felt this was perfect, I had a dilemma. My boyfriend, tired of my incessant complaining, got me a cloth wardrobe from Bed Bath and Beyond for Christmas (we had a $50 gift limit). It worked really well for a while, but it was a temporary solution. I knew eventually I'd want something more permanent, and when I wasn't even looking for one, I found it! Luckily, he understood. The one he got me has a year-long return policy (and it was very thoughtful - smoochie).

Now this future room of my mine has to have a shabby chic kinda theme, no? I guess I can always paint this sucker black if I decide to go in a different direction.

No comments: